Quantcast
Are you the publisher? Claim or contact us about this channel


Embed this content in your HTML

Search

Report adult content:

click to rate:

Account: (login)

More Channels


Showcase


Channel Catalog


Channel Description:

Latest posts from Someecards

older | 1 | .... | 1714 | 1715 | (Page 1716) | 1717 | 1718 | .... | 1720 | newer

    0 0

    The whole point of a wedding is to celebrate the couple getting married, and guests are expected to abide by their wishes and rules. Hideous matching bridesmaids dresses? You got it. An exploding cake? Sure, why not. No kids allowed? Then that's what you should get. Your wedding, your choice. So it's understandable that a soon-to-be-married guy was pretty upset when his soon-to-be sister-in-law pushed back against he and his partner's decision to not invite kids to their traditional wedding.

    He even threatened to have her ejected by security if she shows up with her kids.

    The groom shared his story on Reddit's "Am I The A**hole?" forum to get the internet to weigh in on if he did the right thing. Her writes:

    I'm going to try cut a long story short here.

    Basically I'm getting married soon, yay me. My partners family has been heavily involved due to tradition and wanting the wedding to be somewhat traditional, which I have no problem with. The wedding is going to be traditional and their parents have helped with funding some of the wedding.

    Not having kids themselves, and fearing that kids could accidentally interfere with the wedding ceremony, the couple asked all of their friends and family to not bring their children.

    Seems fair.

    Now we have no children, and don't plan on having any any time soon. However, their sister does, she has three. We've asked all of our friends and my family to not bring children to the wedding at any part during the day as we don't want kids there. Now I work with kids and have no problem with kids but I know that a lot of kids don't have very much spacial awareness for the scenarios there in. Therefore me, and my partner, don't want children at the wedding.

    Everyone was "fine with it" except for his soon-to-be sister-in-law, who "threw up a fuss" and insisted she would bring her kids to the wedding.

    After arguing about it, the groom threatened to have her and her kids "ejected by security" if she shows up with them.

    My family was fine with it, our friends are fine with it. Sister-in-law throws up a fuss.

    We've hired out quite a nice place for the event and it comes with an on site secruity for the event. At my partners birthday party the other week my sister-in-law was adamant that she was bringing her children to the days proceedings. We argued for a bit but in the end I just told her that if she brings her kids to my wedding I'd have her and her kids ejected by secruity.

    The groom says his wife supports his decision, but her family does not, and the drama is causing "headache for everyone." So he turned to Reddit to ask if he went too far.

    Most people are weighing in to say that he is in the right here, and she's an a**hole for not abiding by the bride and groom's wishes.

    Says tequilamockingbored:

    You control your wedding's guest list, and you clearly stated no kids. Anyone who overrules that is displaying a**hole levels of entitlement. NTA.

    SugarCookie307 writes:

    NTA. You're perfectly within your rights to have a child-free wedding. I've heard of people making exceptions for flower girls/ring bearers but if those children aren't doing those roles than they're no different than anyone else's kids. Your SIL should respect that decision and either get a babysitter or just not go. If she turns up to your wedding with her kids and you don't take action your telling both your families that boundaries will not be enforced in your marriage.

    ohmood demands live footage of the sister-in-law getting booted by security (same):

    NTA but YWBTA if you don’t post an update complete with security camera footage of the kids getting booted lmfaoooo

    And shuttlecockbombed writes:

    Exactly, it's OP's day and they get to make the rules. Just because you popped out kids doesn't mean you're entitled to bring them places where they're not wanted, especially to someone's one-time special event where "no kids" is explicitly stated. I'm sure there are other invitees with children that won't show up with them because OP said not to bring them.

    SIL sounds like an entitled mommy who probably starts sentences with "Well, as a parent..." as if there aren't millions of other people with the same role that manage to make things work.

    weeshful says he's "not the a**hole" but "looks like one" and it's a "lose-lose" situation:

    Situation sucks. Lose-lose

    she acted in a way that forces you to cave, or look like an ass standing up for yourself.

    I don't know how you get a win here.

    NTA, but you look like one.

    Clearly this situation sucks for everyone involved, but sister-in-law is the one who started the drama and therefore the a**hole, at least if you ask me, Dr. A**hole PhD. What do you think?


    0 0

    No marriage between two people can be as absolutely perfect as this union of two of the internet's favorite things: weddings and scammers.

    Police in Texas are offering $4,000 cash money to anyone who can provide information on this alleged "serial wedding crasher."

    "The Comal County Sheriff’s Office is seeking to identify a female suspect involved in a series of wedding venue theft offenses. This elusive suspect has been dubbed 'The Wedding Crasher,'" wrote the Comal County Crime Stoppers page.

    The scammer attends wedding in disguise as everyone's aunt.

    The Wedding Crasher has been cruising through multiple counties near San Antonio, preying on unsuspecting party guests.

    The hustle is as follows: the scammer shows up univited to weddings, pretends to have been invited, and snatches up gifts. She must have dozens of blenders by now.

    TIPS = $CASH$ Please help the Comal County Sheriff's Office identify these subjects. The Comal County Sheriff’s...

    Posted by Comal County Crime Stoppers on Monday, August 12, 2019

    The story has been covered on the national news, but there's still no word on whether or not her type is more Vince Vaughn or Owen Wilson.

    If you have any details on the whereabouts of this scammer, can't offer you $4,000, but I will give you one of her stolen blenders.


    0 0

    "Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

    -Anonymous

    Adulting sucks. Once your 20s are over it really hits home. These memes perfectly nail the hilarious struggles of getting older. Just don't laugh so hard that you throw your back out.

    1.

    2.

    3.

    4.

    5.

    6.

    7.

    8.

    9.

    10.

    11.

    12.

    13.

    14.

    15.

    16.

    17.

    18.

    19.

    20.

    21.

    22.

    23.

    24.

    25.

    26.

    27.

    28.

    29.

    30.


    0 0

    One of the many problems with dating in the digital age is we all know way too much information about each other, while simultaneously knowing nothing at all. Also dating has almost become a game with both (or more!) people trying to "win" but no one knows the rules because we're all making them up as we go along. It's a mess. A guy named Eric recently shared about a predicament that perfectly highlights the complexities and confusion of finding love in the time of smartphones.

    Eric recently went on a first date with a guy, who he apparently liked. But then he got a text from the guy instructing him to turn on his "read receipts."

    He writes:

    *Goes on first date, scared he’ll ghost but instead gets this text*

    Read receipts are an iPhone function that tells you if someone has seen your text.

    To clarify, for non-iPhone users, this is bad.

    The internet came together, for once, to denounce this guy's request as creepy, and a HUGE red flag.

    People are warning him to GTFO as quickly as possible.

    Others are pointing out the inherent creepiness of the "read receipt" function.

    Really all they're good for is hurting someone's feelings.

    The fact that he asked it after one date makes this even creepier. As married people are attesting to, this is not normal even for marriage.

    This person thinks he should turn on his "read receipts" and then ghost.

    And this person speaks for all of us, needing to know the next chapter in this 21st Century drama.

    Did he ghost? Did he respond? Are they together? Is Eric okay????? Has anyone checked? Eric, are you reading this? ERIC??????!!!


    0 0

    One woman is getting sweet revenge on her boyfriend after he accused her of taking too long in the bathroom.

    The boyfriend got angry she was taking too long in the bathroom, so she stopped grooming completely. He then backtracked and asked her to start back up again — but she realized she preferred her new low-maintenance approach. So she told him that if he wants her to wear makeup, he has to pay for half of it.

    Now they're in a deadlock and they can't figure out who's being the bigger a-hole. On the subreddit "Am I the A**hole?", the boyfriend posted the story, along with input from the girlfriend.

    It all started when BF got mad at GF for taking too long in the bathroom:

    Upwards of 1 hour, sometimes closer to 2. When I playfully ribbed her about this, she'd get irritated but nothing major. 3 months ago I was playfully teasing her and she flipped out.

    She heard his complaints — and went on strike from all grooming and maintenance (besides, of course, basic hygiene).

    She said she won't do anything anymore, and true to her word she hasn't shaved, waxed, or put on makeup since then, and wears her hair looking like bedhead.

    BF was shocked to realize she was taking so long in the bathroom for a reason, and that he couldn't have his cake and eat it too.

    But it was too late — the girlfriend weighed in to say she now prefers the low-maintenance approach and won't be going back to her lengthy beauty routine.

    She agreed to style her hair and wax her upper lip because the boyfriend also does some hair maintenance. But she said anything beyond matching his grooming level was now out of the cards.

    In her words:

    He keeps being a dick about how long I would take in the bathroom, so as he said, I quit things he didn't even realize I was doing. No makeup, no shaving/waxing, no brows, no waxing those moustache hairs, I have curly frizzy hair so I stopped using product or straightening/curling with an iron, no mani/pedi, no touching up or redoing my highlights. Do I look like a beast? Sure. Am I a comfy, smug beast? Hell yes.

    The boyfriend is blaming it all on being "conditioned to want her to look a certain way" — failing to realize he can de-condition himself at any time.

    I understand that it's her body, her choice etc., but if there are any guys out there who think they would be ok if their gf had long underarm hair then you're a better man than me. I haven't pushed her to do anything, nor am I enforcing any ultimatums. If, as she says, I've been conditioned to want her to look a certain way... well, that sucks, but it's not my fault. If we broke up, she'd pay for all of this beauty stuff herself, so why should I pay? Anyone who says I'm TA, are you going to then start paying for all your girlfriends' beauty regimens, or else be fine with 100% body hair and no makeup or hair care ever? Be honest with yourselves.

    The couple added at the end of the post that they "love each other a lot and aren't actually fighting."

    "We recognized that we're having a difference in opinion, and since neither has been able to sway the other we came to the court of public opinion," they wrote.

    And it turns out the court of public opinion has judged the boyfriend to be the raging a-hole in this scenario.

    Literally no one feels bad for him.

    "Pay the beast," wrote BrandiLovesAnt, with jollycuppa adding, "For real. OP brought the wrath of the beast upon himself and now he must pay the price for it. Though he says if she was single she'd be paying for it, the girlfriend's side seems to indicate she vastly prefers not doing this and may not continue if not pressured to do so."

    Another redditor, ChangeFromWithin, wrote, "gotta pay the troll toll!" which is what I'm going to yell out every time I'm paying for $178 of Sephora crap from now one.

    justtolearn123 pointed out that the boyfriend's over-the-top beauty standards are based on a lot of BS:

    Honestly, I think more people would be more comfortable with girls wearing less makeup/ having more body hair if it was more common. It's natural. I believe anyone has the right to do whatever they want with their body, and if you are going to pressure someone to do something else, then you should be paying half (if not all) of the cost.

    anarmchairexpert mocked the boyfriend's assertion that since he's not her sugar daddy, she should pay for all this stuff herself:

    "Oh but she's not my sugar baby!" So you want to be able to dictate how she looks, but you also think she should incur the cost as well as the time (and discomfort) of living up to that? Honestly, 50% of the cost is a bargain.

    "Oh but she'd do it if she were single". Would she though.

    Tell you what. Why don't you two add up all your grooming expenses. Your hair and shaving products, her hair and shaving products and leg waxes and straighteners and makeup and hair products and mani/pedis. Call them joint expenses, split them 50:50.

    And memewasher put it most succinctly, saying, "if you can handle her naturally you don’t deserve her when she does her self up special for you."


    0 0

    A Black man was stopped by police in Royal Oaks, Mich., after a white woman accused him of "looking suspiciously" at her.

    Devin Myers, 20, was approached by officers and questioned while he walked to a restaurant, according to the Metro Times. The police were called due to accusations Myers had been "looking suspiciously" at a white woman.

    Kimiko Adolph stayed with the man to make sure he got out unscathed. She also recorded video of the encounter.

    Devin Myers Way to stay cool, calm and collected! Glad i was there. #SidewalkAnnie

    Posted by Kimiko Adolph on Tuesday, August 13, 2019

    The video shows that several police officers and police cars surrounded the man. Many commenters asked why the police weren't interrogating the woman who made the call.

    Adolph and the Metro Times both reported that the nearby Cafe´Inn Seasons paid for the man's meal after the confrontation was over.

    Myers can be heard apologizing to the police for wasting their time, even though he was not the one who called them.

    Many commenters drew parallels between this situation and the murder of Emmett Till. Emmett, who was Black, was murdered by an angry mob at age 14 in 1955 after being accused of hitting on a white woman.

    Historically, Black men in the U.S. have been persecuted and murdered when facing such accusations — even when, as in the case of Emmett, they never actually expressed sexual interest in the white women in question.


    0 0

    "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.”
    ~Benjamin Franklin

    Early to bed, early to rise, makes more time for laughing at these dope ass memes. I think that was ole Ben Franklin's original statement. This utterly random batch of jokes, memes, and quotes will definitely help start you start your day off with a laugh. What could be better?

    1.

    2.

    3.

    4.

    5.

    6.

    7.

    8.

    9.

    10.

    11.

    12.

    13.

    14.

    15.

    16.

    17.

    18.

    19.

    20.

    21.

    22.

    23.

    24.

    25.

    26.

    27.


    0 0

    If you don't watch "The Handmaid's Tale," you have a lot of time to catch up before season 4 starts. And you better start...

    It's depressing, sometimes truly torturous to watch, and eerily similar to where it seems our country is currently headed. Women aren't allowed to read, write, or think, children are taken away from their parents, all our favorite characters could be killed at any moment "Game of Thrones" style. It's a hell-scape in bonnets with no joy in sight. However, the performances are beautiful and once you're hooked, it's nearly impossible to quit.

    Spoiler alert! Duh.

    Last night was the season 3 finale of America's favorite "The Crucible" meets "The Giver" nightmare-porn, and we finally got the win we've been waiting for. While it was full of heart-stopping suspense and there was a whole lot that could go wrong considering over fifty children of Gilead were involved, June was finally successful. Well, the episode ended with her bleeding out from a gunshot, but her plan was successful and that's what matters. They won't kill June, right? RIGHT?

    While no one, including the actors, knows where season 4 will go with this plane full of child refugees at the Canadian border, the internet had a lot to say. Here are the funniest and too-real tweets from last night's very stressful finale:

    1.

    2.

    3.

    4.

    5.

    6.

    7.

    8.

    9.

    10.

    11.

    12.

    13.

    13.

    14.

    15.

    16.

    17.

    18.

    19.

    20.

    21.

    22.

    23.

    24.

    25.

    26.

    27.

    28.

    28.

    29.

    30.

    31.

    31. And, in my humble opinion, the winner:

    Hopefully we all can survive until the season 4 premiere. Blessed be the fruit under his eye, my fellow handmaidens.


    0 0

    Getting robbed is a traumatic and stressful experience, but it doesn't give you full reign to write off an entire island of people. If we wrote off any city or people group that has thieving members, the entire world would be written off. Nonetheless, in a moment of heated passion, it can be tempting to stoop to blaming a place or culture for your loss, rather than an individual.

    The model Gigi Hadid is facing backlash after her recent trip to Mykonos, Greece. Her stay quickly went south when the villa she was staying at got robbed, and while it's completely understandable for her to be upset, her subsequent Instagram post rubbed people the wrong way.

    View this post on Instagram

    🦂⏱

    A post shared by Gigi Hadid (@gigihadid) on

    Hadid captioned a swimsuit selfie with her experience getting robbed, and urged others to think twice before visiting Mykonos.

    She wrote:

    "Mykonos film in. PS(A). Don’t let insta fool u. Got robbed. Never going back lol. Wouldn’t recommend. Spend your money elsewhere."

    People were quick to point out that while it sucks Hadid got robbed, writing off an entire island seems harsh.

    People also pointed out that given our gun violence, it's a bit hypocritical to critique the safety of other countries as an American, particularly one from New York.

    It was also pointed out that Greece's main source of income is tourism, so having a model with a huge platform dissuade people from visiting could be harmful to locals.

    After seeing the backlash, Hadid updated her Instagram with a comment to clarify what she meant, and that without the privilege of her security, it could have been much worse.

    "Let me make this clear for everyone below who thinks I don’t deserve to have an opinion on my experience and warn people of this - I was robbed along with more than 30 houses that night, some to gunpoint. It was not possible to contact any form of law enforcement except through my local security who happened to have a contact. That is a privilege that most people traveling there wouldn’t have."

    "If something happens while the police station is closed, there is nothing that can be done to protect yourself, and when the station does open, it doesn’t seem as though their training and resources are in line with keeping people safe or keeping up with the amount of crime that is happening on a nightly basis there (I am speaking of the island specifically only because it’s where I experienced this)."

    "This is not information that is shared with people before they go. If I’d known it happened so much and there was not enough infrastructure to protect myself I wouldn’t have gone. So this is my opinion based on actual events and you not liking that isn’t my problem. Lastly, I work my ass off and never do a trip like this for myself and friends, so if I want to post pictures of the trip after being robbed, I will do so."

    It's good that she is safe and unharmed, and given the backlash, it seems unlikely that this sole Instagram will hurt the Greek economy.


    0 0

    A man on Tinder has done the impossible and managed to be charming while asking a woman to reconsider her policy against sending nudes.

    Like many great love stories (well, the one), it involves the Titanic, and the 1997 film which lead to many a millennial's sexual awakening.

    Catherine, a 24-year-old woman in Australia, included on her Tinder bio that her policy is not to distribute naked pictures of herself, and cited Titanic as a cautionary tale.

    "Titanic" is the ultimate icebreaker.

    "Why won't I send you nudes?" she wrote. "Let me remind you of this little movie called Titanic...a girl in 1912 has her naked body drawn in a sketchbook by a random dude that no one has ever heard of...locks the drawing in a safe in a boat and THAT BOAT SINKS. And somehow 84 years later, the nude ends up on television. No one is safe."

    Catherine makes a fantastic point. Even without texting or The Cloud, n*des are preservable and promotable. Hell, museums are FULL of n*des.

    Well, a guy who matched with Catherine used Titanic to defend the virtues of nude photos.

    Ok ok. Valid point about the nudes but think about this...

    As you said 84 years later the movie titanic was made, it pulled an amazing $2.187 billion in the box office, won 11 Oscars and was the real birth of a great actor, Leonardo DiCaprio. A movie like that remembered, not for the nudes for the the love story these nudes helped [helped blossom] into the romance of the century, envied by many. Not only could these nudes be the start of your own great romance but think about the royalties your own film could bring in another 84 years...Yes yes I hear you "but I won't be around for the royalties in 84 years" but Catherine...your children will reap the benefits for years, so Catherine don't do it for me, don't do it for you...But do it for our children!"

    Reader, it worked.

    This is far and away the best opener I have ever heard in my 23 years on this planet, I read it my mum. Not even kidding. And she briefly discussed with me the idea of sending you a nude purely for the comedic value of this message!

    You've just clocked tinder, well done sir.

    And the thought of setting our children up for like, now that's tempting.

    The post included no follow-up on whether or not they actually met, or if he received a naked picture or drew one himself.

    Image result for jack dawson drawing scene
    Break out your pencils, Jack Dawson.

    Either way, I believe that their hearts will go on.


    0 0

    The love between Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively is often expressed through Instagram posts and full of equal parts affection and trolling. In fact, it would be alarming to all their fans and stalkers if they were to make a post that didn't simultaneously roast the other partner while also expressing a gross kind of loyalty.

    On Wednesday, Reynolds made an Instagram post sharing a special gift Lively purchased him, but not without dismounting the caption with a joke at her expense.

    His caption revealed that the detailed painting shows his childhood home, and represents his first job as a newspaper delivery boy for the Vancouver Sun.

    While his childhood home no longer exists, Reynolds still treasures his vivid memories of it, and this painting will help honor that memory.

    Also, if you look closely, you can also see that Reynolds' idol John Candy is featured on the front page of the paper.

    The thoughtfulness that went into commissioning this gift is obvious, and Reynolds' gratitude was almost eerily sentimental until the last sentence of his caption:

    "My first job was delivering newspapers for the Vancouver Sun. The house in the painting is my childhood home. My brothers and I spent years trying to kill each other on that lawn. There are a lot of Easter eggs in the painting, including my idol, John Candy on the front page of the newspaper. The house no longer stands but it’s a living, breathing thing in my head. This piece of art is the greatest present my wife has ever given me. It was created by @dannygalieote. If there’s ever a fire, I’m grabbing this first. I’ll come back for Blake."

    The artist who painted the picture, Danny Galieote, used to work as a Disney animator on hits such as The Lion King, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Tarzan, Treasure Planet and more. But now, he has transitioned to working as a full-time painter, presenting in galleries across the country and also working on commission.


    0 0

    Being a parent seems hard, especially when there's no official guidebook to lay out the rules for you. But luckily there is Reddit, a website where so many people turn to in times of great ethical confusion. Recently, a conflicted mom turned to Reddit's "Am I the A**hole?" page to ask for some parenting advice after her teenaged daughter sl*t-shamed her sister-in-law.

    The mom says her 14-year-old daughter called her dad's sister a "sl*t" after finding out she's an adult film actress. So the mom grounded her for three months and took away her phone.

    The saga started when the teen got teased by her classmates after she posted a photo of her family online and a classmate recognized her aunt from an "adult film."

    She writes:

    My daughter (14yo) posted a picture of a family get together on social media. A boy from school recognized her aunt from an adult film and messaged my daughter about it. I believe he sent a video to her as well. Before this, she had no idea her aunt was in the industry. It appears that boy spread this around the school and my daughter is being teased for it. I notified the school and they are looking into it and will plan to educate the students about sexism online.

    The mom and her husband are "respectful" of her sister-in-law's profession and tried to instill these values in their kids. But the teen was upset after being bullied at school, and took her anger out at her aunt.

    The teen removed her aunt on all forms of social media, the ultimate form of teen shade, and she refuses to visit the aunt and "ignores" her when she comes over for dinner.

    My husband and I are respectful and non-judgmental of my SIL’s profession and have tried to teach these values to our children. My daughter is understandably upset and I feel for her, but she is directing all her anger and blame towards her aunt. She unfriended my SIL from social media and removed all traces of her from her profiles. She refuses to join us for weekly dinners at my SIL house and when they come over, she ignores them and just sits in her room playing minecraft. I tried talking to her about tolerance, shame, and sexism, but it she is dismissive of all of it.

    The aunt was "hurt" by her niece's reaction. But when she tried to talk to her about it, the teen called her a "vapid sl*t" and other slurs.


    My SIL is hurt from all of this. Not only did she have her privacy invaded, but she lost a good relationship with her niece. Last weekend, I went upstairs to my daughters room to try and talk to her and get her to join us downstairs. My daughter refused and referred my SIL as “a vapid sl*t” and her husband “a pathetic c*ck” along with other slurs I don’t want to repeat.

    As a response, the mom grounded her daughter for three months and took away her phone. But her husband thinks this punishment is "too much."

    I grounded her for three months and took away her internet. My husband definitely thinks that she should be punished for using that language, but that’s too much. He also admitted he struggled accepting his sister’s career path at first. He thinks she just needs space and will come around eventually because her aunt is family.

    Commenters on Reddit overwhelmingly agree with the husband that this mom took things too far by giving her daughter such a severe punishment instead of empathizing with her.

    Many are pointing out that the daughter is reacting to her classmates' bullying her, and that the mom should listen to her instead of punish her. After all, she is just a kid who did not choose to be bullied, whereas the aunt is an adult who made a choice to work in adult films.

    GennyX says:

    YTA. Stop and think for a minute what sorts of disgusting things those 14 year olds are saying to your CHILD. You don’t think they’re asking if she’ll follow in her aunty’s footsteps?

    It’s beyond her capabilities right now to be expected to support the s*x industry while she is directly being HURT by it. Do you understand? This is currently doing serious harm to your daughter and she is angry at her aunt because it’s not her aunt who has to wear these consequences, it’s your 14 year old daughter. Her aunt got to make a choice to do this work as an adult. Your daughter is a child and did not sign up for this shit she is going through.

    And right now, it feels as though you’re dismissing her pain and prioritising the aunt who isn’t being harmed nearly as much as your child.

    For god’s sake, HELP YOUR DAUGHTER right now and worry about your sermons about s*x work later.

    Also: she doesn’t have to like s*x work. She doesn’t have to support it or agree with it in any way if she doesn’t want to. She’s entitled to have her own opinion on the matter, and no doubt this experience is shaping her opinion.

    And Nicky666 writes:

    YTA, your SIL's privacy was NOT invaded, she gave it up for money. I'm not judgemental about this, she's an adult. However, your kid is NOT an adult, she doesn't get anything out of this except for being bullied in school. Your kid is the one that lost the relationship with her aunt, not the other way around.
    And apart from being bullied and teased about her aunt at school and losing a good relationship with her aunt, now her mother/father is also "against her".....she did nothing wrong and now the whole world is against her, including the people that live in her home. Your kid must feel awfully alone.
    I think you should look at this from her perspective, it doesn't matter if you approve of your SIL's livestyle and if the internet approves of your SIL's livestyle. You're the a**hole because you lack empathy for your daughter.
    Btw, what does your husband mean by needing to punish her? And you thinking it is too much, because you already grounded her for three months and took away her internet??? Wat does punishing her beyond that mean?? I think you two might be way beyond being a**holes.

    Others are arguing that the teen does deserve to be punished for verbally assaulting her aunt. But that three months and no phone is too strict of a punishment.

    GlyphGryph writes:

    She wasn't punished for 'doing nothign wrong', she was punished for behaviour like personal aggressive insults that are absolutely not okay to direct at someone who never acted with malice against her.

    3 months seems extreme though, and it doesn't sound like they're doing much work to support her either.

    And milkbeamgalaxia writes:

    Yeah, she’s an adult film actress. Privacy isn’t exactly in their contract. I think OP needs to approach this at a more understanding angle.

    I’m not condoning what her daughter said. I feel punishment is required for what she said, but three months is too much. I also understand the resentment and anger building to this. Teens are cruel, and I can’t imagine what she’s been dealing with. When you get down to it, the daughter is getting punished for her aunt’s actions. I’m not passing judgment on her aunt either.

    What will three months do for her? Will it help get her feelings out? It won’t change her negative feelings. She’ll just hold back until she’s old enough to say them aloud, like when she turns 18. I think a constructive course of action is needed for this.

    The mom heeded the advice of the internet, and shortened her daughter's grounding to three weeks. She also said she and her husband are "looking into therapy" for the teen.

    She added this edit to her post:

    Seems like my husband is right and I went too far with the punishment. I just never imagined those hurtful words coming from her mouth. I’m going to scale it back to two or three weeks or something like that. Will decide with the husband later. We’re definitely concerned for our daughter about what’s happening at school and we’re looking into therapy.

    Good job, internet. You did it! She asked for advice, you gave it, and she came around and admitted her mistake and is trying to make things right. Hopefully this girl will get the help and support she needs to recover from being bullied and to eventually move towards a place where she can apologize to, and forgive, her aunt.

    It takes a village to raise a parent.


    0 0

    People love to hate vegans.

    At best, vegans are doing what they can to protect animals, the environment, and their health. At worst, vegans are judgmental preachers trying to ruin your 3 AM fast food snack.

    While there are plenty of wonderful things about a vegan diet, it's never a good idea to attack someone else's dietary choices. Most of the time, regardless of how convincing your argument is, you can't break someone else's habits.

    Usually, the vegan versus meat-eater argument goes this way:

    Vegan: I'm a vegan.

    Meat-eater: That's not healthy. How do you get your protein?

    Vegan: Actually--

    Meat-eater: Look at our canine teeth!

    Vegan: *walks away*

    Or, it goes this way:

    Meat-eater: *minding their own business*

    Vegan: You really shouldn't eat meat.

    Meat-eater: Um, I didn't ask--

    Vegan: You're a bad person.

    However, a particularly unique vegan conversation was shared on Reddit.

    This is one for the books.

    Remote file

    WHAT?

    This person is clearly the world's worst vegan, because any vegetarian or vegan should be happy and grateful that meat-eaters occasionally choose plant-based options. Any contribution to the cause is a good contribution. Shaming other people for "appropriating" a vegan dish? Nah.

    Unfortunately, this story ends on a cliffhanger but we can only assume the non-vegan won. If you're someone who eats meat and wants to try plant-based recipes, I give you my full permission and support as an 18-year vegetarian to go right ahead.

    In the comments, things got heated:

    [deleted] wrote:

    Someone should tell that vegan she's appropriating East Asian culture by eating tofu (where it's very much it's own thing and not a meat substitute at all)

    "LazyPizzaSunday" wrote:

    All these meat eaters stealing our valuable veggies. Possessive much?

    "EnchantedEmpress" wrote:

    Appropriating Vegans. New band name, I call it.

    "JohnnyLube" wrote:

    As a vegetarian, I'm thrilled that veggie burgers, tofu, seitan, etc. has become more popular. It means more and better tasting options are available. It also means that if I bring vegetarian dishes to a gathering, they aren't just a meat alternative, but a tasty dish on it's own that everyone enjoys.

    Also, nobody ever thought eating tofu makes you cool. It's fucking tofu, not water skiing over a shark.


    0 0

    "Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is relax."

    -Mark Black

    It's National Relaxation Day! This blessed day of rest is arguably the best of these totally random holidays. It's right up there with National Wine and Orgasm Day, which I just made up, but would still be pretty sweet. Celebrate this special holiday by laughing at these chill memes. Then go treat yourself to a nap or something. You've earned it.

    1.

    2.

    3.

    4.

    5.

    6.

    7.

    8.

    9.

    10.

    11.

    12.

    13.

    14.

    15.

    16.

    17.

    18.

    19.

    20.

    21.

    22.

    23.


    0 0

    A lot of the dramatic wedding stories floating around the internet center around bridezillas, but there are just as many awful grooms out there. While the cultural narrative focuses on a women's obsession with their wedding day, there are plenty of men who also want to dictate the details of every wedding photo.

    In a recent post on the Am I The *sshole subreddit, a man shared how his latest tattoo set off his groomzilla brother.

    "AITA for getting a tattoo before my brother's wedding?'

    OP started the post by sharing that he's going to be in his brother's wedding party in just a few months.

    OP is in his 30s and has accrued a collection of tattoos since his 20s, his family has always been critical but that has never been a real issue up until now.

    "My brother is getting married in a few months. I have been asked to be in the wedding party. I'm in my early 30s and have been getting tattooed once every year or two since I was 20, so by now I have a number of tattoos, they're all well-done and no offensive/shocking designs. Mostly they are nature and abstract art. No one in my family really likes my tattoos, but it's not their body or their money so their comments never bothered me much."

    OP has been on the waiting list for a skilled tattoo artist for a long time, and was overjoyed to finally get his latest ink.

    "Sometimes good tattoo artists have LONG waiting lists. There's an artist I've been trying to get an appointment with for years and recently his receptionist contacted me saying they had appointments available. I booked one and got a new piece a few weeks ago. It never occurred to me to think of the wedding before getting it done, and besides, I already have so many tattoos that why would one more make any difference?"

    However, when OP shared the ink in an Instagram post, his groom-to-be brother immediately messaged him angrily.

    OP's brother believes the new tattoo will be distracting since the wedding party is wearing short sleeves.

    "But my brother saw the tattoo in one of my social media photos and contacted me upset that my new tattoo will be a distraction during the wedding and in the pictures. The dress that he and the bride picked for the wedding party is short and strapless. I offered to wear a different outfit that covers more skin, but they also think it would be distracting for me to not match the rest of the party."

    When OP asked his brother why this new tattoo makes a difference, since he already has a batch of them, his brother said it was a matter of "respect."

    "I asked why my older tattoos didn't bother them but the new one did, and they said it's because they "had to accept" the old ones and thought I'd "respect them" by not getting any more. I don't really understand how it has to do with respect."

    Now, OP is having second guesses about whether it was inconsiderate to get his tattoo before the wedding.

    "AITA for not thinking of the wedding pictures before booking my tattoo? I'm married, I get that wedding photos are expensive and you want them to look good, but I don't think it's right to dictate your wedding partys appearances other than choosing their clothes."

    FragileBird90 is about to get married and thinks OP's brother is being completely unreasonable about it.

    "NTA. Sick of all this bride and groomzilla bullshit being worried about their guests or wedding party distracting from the day."

    "I'm getting married next year. The bridesmaids are wearing navy but they can choose their styles and hair. I want them to be comfortable and to enjoy themselves. I wouldn't want them worrying about upsetting me because they made a personal choice for themselves."

    "People get way to in to themselves when their wedding comes up. Your tattoo choices have sod all to do with them."

    Rhaenyra20 also thinks it's over the top to forbid a groomsman from getting a new tattoo.

    "NTA. I did have pink dresses that weren’t great for rewearing, but I did let them pick whatever style they wanted for it, hair, makeup, shoes, jewellery, etc. I also got them all different bridesmaid gifts based on their interests and that had nothing to do with the wedding."

    "The number of people who think giving their bridesmaids a necklace that isn’t their style and mandatory wedding wear or something with the wedding date on it is dumb. Stuff that is all about your wedding isn’t a gift for people, ffs. Ditto a couple mismatched wine glasses with the couple’s name and wedding date on them for favours."

    trumpbrokeme thinks OP should call out how judgemental the request is.

    "NTA. Fuck it. Offer to not be in the wedding. It sounds like they really don't accept you for who you are. My father in law wears doo-rags to cover up scars and marks on his head. Did I ask him not to wear one in the wedding? Hell no. We found a "nice" black one for him to wear."

    LindsayVoid doesn't understand why a tattoo would affect the quality of the photos.

    "NTA. I don't understand this urge to strip friends and family of personality for 'perfect' wedding photos. A wedding should be a celebration for friends and family that happens to be memorialized in photos, not a photoshoot."

    The comments all pretty much unanimously supported OP's freedom to get a tattoo before his brother's wedding, hopefully his brother comes around and does the same.


    0 0

    Most men don't understand the fear many women experience every day and the precautionary measures we take to protect ourselves and our bodies. This ignorance was perfectly highlighted in a recent post on Reddit's "Am I The A**hole?" forum by a guy who turned out to absolutely be the a**hole.

    The guy hosted a party for co-workers at his house, then freaked out and kicked a woman out for "insinuating" that he may have drugged a drink he mixed for her.

    As many commenters have energetically pointed out, women have many, many reasons to not accept a drink from a man they don't know. And for him to take this personally instead of understand her reason for being cautious is an a**hole move, to the max.

    He writes:

    This was tonight/this morning (it's after 5am). Last night was a big work party at a bar. We came back to my place because I have a fully furnished basement, with stocked bar, where I host parties. This was coworkers I know well and some I don't. I always play bartender when I host because it's my bar in my house and it's just what I do.

    Already pretty clear this guy is the a**hole because of the way he says "it's my bar in my house and it's just what I do," but I'll tell the rest of the story anyway.

    He explains that he mixed martinis for his co-workers, including a woman who "works at a different company" and therefore probably doesn't know him well, if at all.

    He also describes her as a "girl," so this guy is definitely on watch.

    A girl who works for the company at another office is sitting at my packed bar table and I mixed her a martini because I saw her drinking martinis at the bar before. I did the exact same thing for everyone at my bar; Mixed them their cocktail of choice either by noticing what they had earlier, or asking them. She wasn't first to be served so she saw me doing this.

    After setting a drink in front of her (which she didn't ask for), the woman turned to her friend and asked if she had "watched him make it." The guy overheard this.

    When I put her drink in front of her, she looked at it, then to her friend beside her and asked "did you watch him make it?" Her friend goes "no, I was talking" or something. She looks at me and starts to try to deny the drink. I heard her ask her friend that question so I said "are you kidding?". I have a sense of humor so I could have taken it as a joke.

    HAHAHA YEAH YOU SEEM HILARIOUS, PAL.

    The guy was extremely butthurt by the woman "insinuating" he could've drugged her drink. So he kicked her out of his house, and not politely either.

    Now- if she didn't want a martini, she was welcome to have anything else. Or- if she didn't want any alcohol, she could have declined it outright. But she started to talk about drinks made her for that she didn't see made, so I interrupted her quickly with "do you really think it's possible I drugged your drink or something?". She was being serious so I told her to "get the fuck out of my house" and I pointed to the door.

    Apparently other people were angry because she was their ride, which reflects badly on everyone since she was drinking.

    But the original poster still comes across as the biggest tool in the shed.

    She was the ride for a few people and one of her friends told me to not be like that but I said no, I don't care who she drove, you can leave with her if you want to, but she's leaving now. She had her chance to give any explanation besides me possibly drugging her drink, but didn't. No one has ever seen me kick someone out before so it really stopped the party for a minute. But she went out and we carried on. I basically explained to whoever wanted to talk about it that I felt disrespected in my own home for no good reason and that is cause for me to kick someone out.

    What do you think, AITA?

    Clearly there was some pushback, because this guy turned to Reddit to ask if he's the a**hole in this scenario.

    Commenters did not hold back, almost unanimously agreeing yes, he is in fact, the a**hole. And a big one.

    Lil-Lanata writes that he "valued his pride above her safety":

    YTA. [You're the A**hole]

    You might have been insulted, but this is a literal case of life and death for women.

    These are precautions we take everywhere.

    You never know who is capable of this, until they're caught.

    She's looking out for her safety.

    You valued your pride more than her safety.

    SevenLight pointed out that she was doing what women are constantly told to do, to prevent men from assaulting them:

    Also victims of rape and assault often get criticised for not being "careful" enough. And then this girl does what pretty much everyone recommends women do when drinking with a crowd of people, and is kicked out the house for it. Sucks to be her.

    YTA OP.

    A few people pointed out she shouldn't have been drinking martinis if she was designated driver. But he's still the a**hole.

    SarcasticBlackCat writes:

    YTA. Look at it from her POV, a guy she doesn’t know put an unasked for drink in front of her, then got angry when she said no. That’s a major red flag.

    Also ESH if she was drink driving.

    And many pointed out that being cautious before accepting a drink from a stranger is "life or death" for women.

    quackerlackin:

    YTA. She doesn’t know you. I don’t drink anything I don’t see made. It’s a common safety practice. It’s a life or death thing that you probably have never had to worry about. You should talk to some of your close female friends/family about this and see what they say. Try to learn something.

    There are many more comments in this vein, but you get the gist. Hopefully this guy read them and is able to get down off his high horse for a second to acknowledge what a big a**hole he was and apologize to this woman. And hopefully all of these people find out about Uber so they can stop relying on a woman drinking martinis to drive them home.


    0 0

    It's hard enough being a kid these days. Between Instagram-induced anxiety, bulletproof backpacks, and the regular ol' kid stuff that has traumatized humans for centuries, the last thing today's children need is another thing to be worried about.

    Enter the artist formerly known as Weight Watchers (they've recently rebranded as WW), which has just introduced the new app Kurbo, on which kids can count calories on their phone before and after they compare their bodies to others on Instagram. The app is targeted at kids as young as eight, which is extremely messed up.

    Have eight-year-olds even learned to hate their bodies yet?

    WW calls Kurbo a “scientifically-proven behavior change program designed to help kids and teens age 8-17 reach a healthier weight," but mental health experts are calling it a disaster.

    Adolescent mental health advocate Whitney Fisch did not hold back on her Facebook page, where she wrote "You NEED to Shut. This. Down."

    "Teaching children to track their food intake all the while being indoctrinated into diet culture by one of your untrained 'health coaches' is begging for an eating disorder diagnosis and is wildly inappropriate + disgusting," she explained.

    Dear WW (formerly Weight Watchers) + Oprah Winfrey, Targeting growing youth + their vulnerabilities in order for you...

    Posted by Whitney Fisch, MSW - Adolescent Mental Health Advocate on Tuesday, August 13, 2019

    People on Twitter, many of them eating disorder survivors and mental health experts, are going off on the app as well.

    The app does not hold up under the scrutiny of downloading it.

    There are healthy ways to encourage healthy eating, but according to experts, none of them involve micro-managing and assigning foods according to traffic signals.

    Kurbo has responded to criticism by saying they have specially trained "Kurbo coaches" tasked with trying to identify eating disorders, which, um, pretty much admits that their app could lead to developing an eating disorder.

    With backlash this strong, let's see how long the app lasts.


    0 0

    "Waking your kids up for school the first day after a break is almost as much fun as birthing them was."

    -Jenny McCarthy

    I don't know what happened, but suddenly summer is over and back-to-school time is upon us. These memes hilariously nail all of the feelings this time of year can bring.

    1.

    2.

    3.

    4.

    5.

    6.

    7.

    8.

    9.

    10.

    11.

    12.

    13.

    14.

    15.

    16.

    17.

    18.

    19.

    20.

    21.

    22.

    23.

    24.

    25.


    0 0

    A lot of the dramatic wedding stories floating around the internet center around bridezillas, but there are just as many awful grooms out there. While the cultural narrative focuses on a women's obsession with their wedding day, there are plenty of men who also want to dictate the details of every wedding photo.

    In a recent post on the Am I The *sshole subreddit, a woman shared how her latest tattoo set off her groomzilla brother.

    "AITA for getting a tattoo before my brother's wedding?'

    OP started the post by sharing that she's going to be in her brother's wedding party in just a few months.

    OP is in her 30s and has accrued a collection of tattoos since her 20s, her family has always been critical but that has never been a real issue up until now.

    "My brother is getting married in a few months. I have been asked to be in the wedding party. I'm in my early 30s and have been getting tattooed once every year or two since I was 20, so by now I have a number of tattoos, they're all well-done and no offensive/shocking designs. Mostly they are nature and abstract art. No one in my family really likes my tattoos, but it's not their body or their money so their comments never bothered me much."

    OP has been on the waiting list for a skilled tattoo artist for a long time, and was overjoyed to finally get her latest ink.

    "Sometimes good tattoo artists have LONG waiting lists. There's an artist I've been trying to get an appointment with for years and recently his receptionist contacted me saying they had appointments available. I booked one and got a new piece a few weeks ago. It never occurred to me to think of the wedding before getting it done, and besides, I already have so many tattoos that why would one more make any difference?"

    However, when OP shared the ink in an Instagram post, her groom-to-be brother immediately messaged her angrily.

    OP's brother believes the new tattoo will be distracting since the wedding party is wearing short sleeves.

    "But my brother saw the tattoo in one of my social media photos and contacted me upset that my new tattoo will be a distraction during the wedding and in the pictures. The dress that he and the bride picked for the wedding party is short and strapless. I offered to wear a different outfit that covers more skin, but they also think it would be distracting for me to not match the rest of the party."

    When OP asked her brother why this new tattoo makes a difference, since she already has a batch of them, her brother said it was a matter of "respect."

    "I asked why my older tattoos didn't bother them but the new one did, and they said it's because they "had to accept" the old ones and thought I'd "respect them" by not getting any more. I don't really understand how it has to do with respect."

    Now, OP is having second guesses about whether it was inconsiderate to get her tattoo before the wedding.

    "AITA for not thinking of the wedding pictures before booking my tattoo? I'm married, I get that wedding photos are expensive and you want them to look good, but I don't think it's right to dictate your wedding partys appearances other than choosing their clothes."

    FragileBird90 is about to get married and thinks OP's brother is being completely unreasonable about it.

    "NTA. Sick of all this bride and groomzilla bullshit being worried about their guests or wedding party distracting from the day."

    "I'm getting married next year. The bridesmaids are wearing navy but they can choose their styles and hair. I want them to be comfortable and to enjoy themselves. I wouldn't want them worrying about upsetting me because they made a personal choice for themselves."

    "People get way to in to themselves when their wedding comes up. Your tattoo choices have sod all to do with them."

    Rhaenyra20 also thinks it's over the top to forbid a wedding party member from getting a new tattoo.

    "NTA. I did have pink dresses that weren’t great for rewearing, but I did let them pick whatever style they wanted for it, hair, makeup, shoes, jewellery, etc. I also got them all different bridesmaid gifts based on their interests and that had nothing to do with the wedding."

    "The number of people who think giving their bridesmaids a necklace that isn’t their style and mandatory wedding wear or something with the wedding date on it is dumb. Stuff that is all about your wedding isn’t a gift for people, ffs. Ditto a couple mismatched wine glasses with the couple’s name and wedding date on them for favours."

    trumpbrokeme thinks OP should call out how judgemental the request is.

    "NTA. Fuck it. Offer to not be in the wedding. It sounds like they really don't accept you for who you are. My father in law wears doo-rags to cover up scars and marks on his head. Did I ask him not to wear one in the wedding? Hell no. We found a "nice" black one for him to wear."

    LindsayVoid doesn't understand why a tattoo would affect the quality of the photos.

    "NTA. I don't understand this urge to strip friends and family of personality for 'perfect' wedding photos. A wedding should be a celebration for friends and family that happens to be memorialized in photos, not a photoshoot."

    The comments all pretty much unanimously supported OP's freedom to get a tattoo before her brother's wedding, hopefully her brother comes around and does the same.


    0 0

    One place where 1950's-era sexism seems to really thrive is in car dealerships, where many people in the industry still seem confused about the fact that women drive and purchase cars. But as most women can probably attest to, this problem is in no way limited to car dealerships. Women and their allies on Reddit are sharing stories of times they experienced sexism while buying a car or other items. These results will make you want to pull a Thelma & Louise, interpret that however you want.

    Here are 21 infuriating and relatable examples of women getting discriminated against for their gender while trying to spend some damn money:

    1) From albertagenuinedraft:

    We were having problems with our water heater and called someone to come take a look at it. My husband happened to take the dog for a walk just as the guy arrived. For some reason he decided he was going to need to cut a giant hole in our wall behind it. I didn't know any better so I started helping his move stuff out of the way. Just as he's getting his saw ready, husband walks in the door. Suddenly his entire story changes and actually all he needs to do is replace a small part. His attitude was completely different and magically he did not need to ruin our drywall. I was pretty frustrated.

    2) From Wienenschlagen:

    I was trying to rent an apartment a few years ago.

    The landlord (who was a middle-age lady) kept talking about how I needed to find a husband to take care of the paperwork for me.

    In fact, a whole lot of our conversation was about how I needed to find a husband. She also made passive-aggressive jabs about how I wasn't getting any younger. And she kept saying that I should have "a man around" to deal with basic things like changing lightbulbs and taking out the trash.

    I wish I could say I didn't rent from her, but the unit was really nice and cheap for its size.

    Ironically, every time I needed help with something, she said to deal with her (not her husband), because he was lazy and incompetent.

    3) From wpurple:

    Mom answers phone: "Hello" Phone-sales-guy: "I'd like to talk to the man of the house" Mom: "So would I, but he's been dead for 5 years now."

    4) From violet1961:

    There’s a car dealership about a ten minutes drive from my parents’ house in the US that used to not sell vehicles to women unless their husband gave permission. My mom found this around the late 80s to early 90s while car shopping. Of course my parents refused to buy from them.

    Not sure what the policy on that is now but it’s still the same owner.

    5) From dogsordiamonds:

    When we were buying a house we told the lawyer to contact me. He kept contacting my husband instead and not even cc'ing me on emails. The problem was that my husband was working nights and sleeping during the day, so he wouldn't return calls or check his emails until the business day was already over. It was so frustrating! We actually had a deal fall through because the seller's broker did something shady and our lawyer's response came too late and was incompetent. When we bought our home, we used a different lawyer.

    6) From ElectricDanceyPants:

    I had a guy refuse to rent me an apartment because I'm a woman. I called to ask for details on the place, and he asked if it would be just me or if anyone else would be sharing the apartment. When I said no, it's just me, he told me a "single lady shouldn't be living alone", and he would not rent to me. When I tried to insist on seeing the apartment he yelled over me "GOD BLESS" and hung up. This was 2012.

    7) From Bow2Gaijin:

    My wife told me a story once when she was out with her mom who was looking to buy some new living room furniture. This must have been the early to mid 90s. After dealing with the salesman and picking out what she wanted, he told her that he would need to call her husband to make sure she had his permission to buy new furniture. She just got up and walked out.

    8) From wjescott:

    We were at the BMW dealership. My wife and I are circling the M550i they had on the showroom floor.

    A guy comes up to me, "pretty nice, isn't it?" I sorta shrug. "Lot of horsepower, torque, twin-turbo V8. I think you'd enjoy it." I shrug again. "Want to take it out?" He asked.

    I pointed to my wife, "It's for her. I'm not even looking."

    First words out of his mouth, "oh, do you have any kids?" He sort of smiles, "The X5 or X7 are pretty decent options.

    My wife gives him the look that usually sends me out to work on a motorcycle, "No. I have a '15 Jaguar XFR that needs to be replaced. It looks like I need to go to the Mercedes dealership." She turned and left.

    Beautiful thing about being married to a woman who likes powerful cars, watching her crush car salesmen.

    9) From beeeegirl:

    A Honda dealer told me to come back with my husband. I’m not married and never have been. I called corporate to complain, but they didn’t care.

    10) From 84th_legislature:

    I wanted to buy a car that was present on the lot and not already in process with someone else (the kind of car where every dealership has 15+ of that car because it's kind of their flagship) and while I was allowed to test drive it, it became clear to me that I was NOT going to be allowed to buy it.

    They told me they could sell me one, but it wasn't heeeere yet. I was like can you sell me that one, pointing to one on the lot that was exactly what I was looking for, and they were like ohhhhh no, not thaaat one, that one is not the sport version (I'm looking at it and I see the sport tag and visible sport-tier changes to the exterior). So I'm like ok you're weird, that's fine, I have another car to drive, let me know when "the good one" comes in.

    I get a call, I go back to buy the car I asked for. The one that came in is the super luxury premium version. I say no. They've got another one, it's got wheel locks and an upgraded sound system. But hey! It's $500 off the $3000 difference in price! I'm a dumb woman, that must sound like a good deal to me, right??? I ask again if they're willing to sell me any of the many cars that meet my criteria on the lot. They tell me that none of those cars exist.

    I left and bought a car from another dealership in a different town. That guy said yes, we have a car like that, it's this one, would you like me to put your name on it? Ok I'll have it detailed, come test drive it this weekend to be sure and I'll have the paperwork ready. Bought a car in one day, after spending 2 weeks trying to buy one somewhere else.

    11) From pumpkincheetos:

    During my horse riding days one guy wouldn’t sell me a stallion because I was a woman and I couldn’t handle him. The stallion needed a “strong man like him”.

    12) From KHeaney:

    Car salesperson kept drifting the conversation over to my husband when I was buying a car.

    Car insurance kept emailing my husband about our joint car insurance policy instead of both of us. When my husband took his car off that policy (he sold it without replacing it), he kept getting all the emails instead of me.

    During wedding planning, I was addressed regarding all the details, and my husband was addressed regarding payments.

    Oh, and waiters always hand my husband the bill and the card machine, even if it's my card with MRS KHEANEY written on the card.

    13) From ummugh:

    I was at an airport duty free shop looking for a decent bottle of whiskey to get as a Christmas present for a friend. Shop employee came up and asked me what I was looking for, I told him I was deciding on a bottle of whiskey. He asked if it was for a man or woman and I responded, kind of puzzled, why does it matter? He told me it mattered a lot because women only like sweet drinks, and then in response to the totally baffled look on my face, asked me to explain why, if it wasn't true, women like Coca Cola so much.

    I just...what? Women only liking sweet drinks is a common and irritating stereotype, but his reasoning...that women like Coca Cola, the most popular soda in the world...what?! Okay.

    14.) From Wahine468:

    My mum recently went to purchase her first new car from a dealer and brought my dad along with her. They looked around, a dealer met them and mum said she was after this type of car. The dealer proceeded to show cars like that to dad, following him all around the car yard selling away, so mum left and went and bought one from a different dealer that wasn’t sexist and ignoring her.

    Mum was pretty fucked off because she’s never been in a position to buy a new car before this, and was super excited, but this dealer just wanted to cater to dad.

    15.) From Damn_Dog_Inappropes:

    My favorite story along these lines was the time my hubby and I went to Game Stop to buy me a tiny XBox 360 wireless controller for my tiny hands. The male clerk asked my husband what he needed. I said, "I need one of those small wireless 360 controllers." He then asked my husband what games I liked to play. My husband said, "My wife can answer her own questions, thanks."

    16.) From bingbong1234:

    Not a woman, but it's a relevant story. Took my female SO to the immunologist because she works with bees and was having bad reactions to the stings. They said they might need to do a ~4-hour test to determine some stuff, and she should bring someone to drive her home in case she has a bad reaction while driving. I brought a book and sat in the corner, not paying attention. She sat directly in front of him, across from his desk, like you normally might if you're meeting with someone who has an appointment with you. Doc kept talking louder than normal and I eventually noticed that he was directing his questions towards me. My SO would answer him, then he would ask me another question pertaining to her health. He wasn't even looking at her. When he did address her, he'd call her 'honey' and 'sweetie' and such. Eventually, I had to cut him off and remind him that it was not me who scheduled the appointment, rather the adult woman in front of him who he was ignoring to shout at the guy trying to read in the corner. After the appointment I was fuming. SO said 'welcome to my world'.

    17.) From Glitch_in_the_pink:

    A couple of years ago I went into my local gaming store to buy an Xbox one. I had my husband with me as I didn’t want to be walking around town on my own with a games console as that’s asking to be mugged. Despite me asking for the console and paying for it, the guy serving me absolutely refused to speak to me, talking over my head to my husband who was behind me, he wouldn’t even look at me and even used the prefix “Sir”, as in “would you be interested in protecting your console Sir?/would you like to buy an Xbox live subscription to go with it Sir?” Making it absolutely clear that he didn’t want to deal with me at all. My husband told him 3 times that I was the one interested in buying the console and he still kept doing it in a really arrogant way. He either wasn’t listening or really didn’t give a shit. I was so annoyed at his attitude towards me!

    There was one of those survey things on the end of the receipt so I did the survey telling the company about my experience and I never got a response back.

    A few months later the company was having financial difficulty and they closed down a bunch of shops with that one being one of the first because it wasn’t profitable, which I’m really not shocked by.

    18.) From Yurath123:

    I was trying to deal with a phone shop that contracted some of their repair work out to a third party.

    They needed me to leave the phone with them overnight so it could be fixed. Due to my work schedule, I wouldn't be able to pick it up for two weeks and I didn't want to be without it that long.

    I asked if it was possible for me to swing by the third party repair shop myself, and he hemmed and hawed and then said yes, but refused to give me the address because I was female and it was in a "rough neighborhood."

    He demanded that my boyfriend come by the shop to get the address, because he didn't think a female should be unaccompanied. Unaccompanied anywhere, it was implied, but especially not in that neighborhood.

    Anyway, I did eventually cause enough of a scene to get the repair shop's business card and went myself. The area might be worse at night when most of the offices were closed but in the middle of the afternoon, it just looked like an ordinary business park.

    19.) From maybeiamonreddit:

    I'm in tech and needed a new laptop. Now everything I do is online, so a Chromebook was perfect. The store guy was talking over me, didn't let me finish my sentences, and kept "explaining" that I should have a "real" laptop even though I tried telling him I know what I'm talking about and no I don't. It was super annoying because I could tell he did it because I'm a woman and obviously can't know anything about computers or laptops. I was honest and told him "my dude, I lost count of the times you talked over me. I know which one I want, and it is highly annoying that you don't take my word for it and disregard everything I say. It could easily be that I know more about these things than you because it has been my job for years. I'll get my laptop somewhere else."

    Still infuriates me to think about it

    20.) From awhq:

    I had decided to buy a car. I knew the make, model, color and package I wanted.

    So I take my lunch hour and go to a dealer near my work. The salesman greats me and I say I would like this car with these features in this color, but I need to know how much you will give me for my trade-in.

    The salesman looks at me and says "If you're not serious, don't waste my time."

    Okay. I'm not sure what it was about my saying I wanted a specific car and just needed to know my trade-in value that indicated I wasn't serious. Oh...wait...yes I do. I'm a woman.

    I walked out. After work, I went to the dealership by my house and walked out with the car I wanted. I'd like to say that I drove my new car back to the first dealership the next day but as someone who worked 50 hours a week and had a husband with two small kids, ain't no one got time for that nonsense.

    21.) From thesmaugofseventeen:

    I had to buy a new vehicle in March after I was hit by a drunk driver. I already knew what I wanted. A 2019 Rav4 XLE. Cool.

    So I start going to places with my boyfriend and tell them exactly what I want and ask for prices. They ask how much I'm looking to spend and what I'm going to put down... to my boyfriend. Who promply says, "it's her money, ask her." And they continue talking to him. About the features with off-roading and what kindof trails you can take this thing on, etc. And he's just sitting there with a blank stare on his face.

    Then the guy turns to me to ask what colour I want. That was the only question he had for me. Because why would I care about anything else. So when I said, "I don't care," he just would not have it. He insisted. Until I asked, "Do the red ones go faster or something? If I'm just getting a price who cares about the colour, and why are you pushing it when I have clearly started I don't care?" He got me a price, and asked for my business. I said no and left to use his offer to haggle with other dealers. Where I encountered the same. Fucking. Thing. At 4 other dealers. Same questions about everything. One of them asked me 5 times about colour.

    I bought my rav from the last place of the day, the only one who actually spoke to me and not my boyfriend. I got a very good price on it.

    And I got it in red. Because they go faster.

    Almost every woman I know has stories like these. In case anyone ever questions why women love to shop online.


older | 1 | .... | 1714 | 1715 | (Page 1716) | 1717 | 1718 | .... | 1720 | newer